Article originally sourced from Gainesville Times
"A kitchen fire caused damage in a few apartments at the Fields McEver, formerly the McEver Vineyards apartments, in Gainesville about 11 a.m. Monday.
The sprinkler system in the apartment where the fire started kept the fire in check, Gainesville Fire Department spokesman Keith Smith said. No one was injured in the fire.
That apartment suffered fire and water damage, while a few other apartments suffered water damage.
Ignition of a pan of grease on the stove caused the fire, officials said.
“Firefighters quickly moved in to ensure the fire was out and stop the sprinkler water flow,” Smith wrote in an email.
The Red Cross was notified to assist with the family from the apartment where the fire started and those suffering water damage."